September 28, 2012
September 27, 2012
Well after a bit of reorganizing of my blog I can't help but notice there is a TON of extra space over there on the right side bar. Space that gives me the perfect reason to start accepting sponsors (which is completely new to me so please bare with me)! Available options are listed below. If you want to book a spot for the month of October please e-mail me at email@example.com. Spaces are limited!
All payments will be made via pay pal and a media kit is available upon request.
September 26, 2012
The deets: J.Crew sweater & belt (similar); Steven by Steve Madden platforms; GAP jeans; Ray-Ban sunnies; handmade bracelets; Michael Kors watch.
My boyfriend thinks I look like a giant six year old in this sweater, but when I laid eyes on it, I just knew I needed to be it's new owner. Maybe I do look a little childish pairing it with my do-it-yourself bracelets, rolled up jeans, and a huge ball of hair on the top of my head, but who ever said being young at heart is a bad thing? I say let your inner friendship bracelet making, pog collecting, Spice Girls obsessed, Macarena dancin' fool come on out.
And don't forget to enter to win a pretty 14k gold washed rose and white quartz cocktail ring here!
September 25, 2012
One of my favorite reasons to get excited about cooler weather is the endless possibilities for soup. I love making a big pot on a Sunday and just letting the aroma fill my apartment while we watch football in the background. Recently I've been on the hunt for some good recipes to pull me out of my "chicken soup" box and thought I would share some of the gems I came across via Pinterest. Don't they just look so delicious and cozy?
1. Broccoli spinach soup with avocado toasts via Whole Living
2. Sweet potato cauliflower soup via Manifest Vegan
3. Roasted tomato soup with grilled cheese croutons via Family Fun
4. Tuscan white bean soup with pancetta and rosemary via Picture Perfect Meals
5. Mushroom, sweet potato, and smoked gouda chowder via A Hint of Honey
6. Bacon black bean soup via Douglas Kitchen Odyssey
September 24, 2012
The deets: Everly dress (old); Boutique 9 heels; Lancome "Midnight Rose" lipstick; Ray-Ban sunnies; GiGi NY clutch; Betsy Johnson chain; earrings c/o Too Much Soul; Cocktail ring c/o D'Milikah.
Our good friend passed the bar this week and celebratory drinks were in order. This is chevron number is what I decided on. Side note - I WALKED to said celebration in these 5 inch heels from my place (which is about a mile and a half) because the metro was delayed. If that is not a testament to my commitment to our friendship, I don't know what is.
Don't forget to enter to win a ring like mine here!
September 21, 2012
I'm so excited to be able to host this awesome D'Milikah ring giveaway! One of my readers will be the new owner of this beautiful 14k gold washed three stone rose and white quartz ring! I have one in green (last seen here) and I truly love it. It's the perfect little hint of lux needed to punch up the volume of any look. Now go enter! Requirements are that you "like" D'Milikah on Facebook and you must be a follower of this blog but there are tons of extra entries available. Winner will be announced Friday, September 28th.
September 20, 2012
1 Very large mutant zucchini (or four small ones) cut into thin quarter inch disks
1 Jar of pasta sauce
3 Eggs beaten
3 Cups Italian bread crumbs combined with 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (doctored with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning bc I like it really tasty)
2 Cups flour
1 Package of fresh mozzarella cheese cut into strips
1. Dunk each disk first in flour, then the egg, then the bread crumb mixture (this takes a while).
2. Sautee each disk for about a 90 seconds on each side in extra virgin olive oil on medium high heat and set aside.
3. In a baking pan layer zucchini then sauce then cheese twice, ending with cheese on the top.
4. Bake on 400 for about 20 mins or until cheese is bubbly on the top.
September 19, 2012
At the very minumum, if you wear makeup, you should have these basic items in your set. They don't have to be these exact brands, or even built into a palette (although it makes things much easier), the idea is that you have them accessible to you for those days where you don't want to even have to think about what makeup to put on. It's your basic neutral color combo that can work in any situation. This is the shadow I am wearing in 90% of my outfit posts.
1. An all over base shadow. This is a color that most closely resembles your natural skin tone, and will blend well into your other neutrals seamlessly. (MAC Brule shown here).
2. A highlighter shadow. This goes on your brow bone and near your tear ducts if you want to get fancy (MAC Vanilla shown here).
3. A crease color. This shade should be much warmer than your base color, you have lots of options here so just find something that suits your taste (I am pretty sure I have MAC Cork shown here, but I can't figure out how to pop my shadows back out of the palette to confirm, sorry!).
4. A Brow filler/eyeliner. This is a color that you can use to fill in your brows (if you need it) or to line your eye (MAC Mystery shown here which is a great color for fair brunettes with light eyes). This color can also be used as a crease color when you want to get more dramatic.
1. An all over shadow brush for applying your base/highlighter (Real Techniques shadow brush shown here which came in a travel essentials set).
2. A blending brush to work in your crease color (MAC 217).
3. A fine liner brush for filling in brows and lining your eyes (MAC 266).
September 18, 2012
1 | 2 | 3 | 4| 5
I'm loving this new metallic cap-toe trend. To me, it's a style that says "I'm a chic professional, but I'm also a bad-ass." Wouldn't you agree? I love all of these gems but I think number 2 is my favorite. Here's to hoping they go on supercalifragilisticexpialidocious sale!
September 16, 2012
The deets: Banana Republic top; GAP jeans (destroyed myself); Ivanka Trump heels; "Sorbet" nail polish c/o Revlon; ring c/o D'Milikah; Ray-Ban sunnies; Betsy Johnson chain necklace; Michael Kors watch; Fornash bracelet.
After an amazing Saturday spent tailgating with my favorite JMU alumni in the sun at FedEx field, this Sunday was definitely set aside for recuperation. Brunch with the ladies at Liberty Tavern followed by quality lazy time on the couch with the boyfriend & pets was just what the doctor ordered. Broken in denim and a soft stripped sweater just seemed natural, although I couldn't help but sneak in a little seasonal fun by painting my nails a fun fall pumpkin-y color to match the flavor of my new favorite latte.
How amazing is the ring I'm rocking? Look out for a chance to win a pretty pink and white one this week!
September 14, 2012
This year was my first FNO (Fashion Night Out) in Georgetown and while the the free beverages & cupcakes, great people watching, and giveaways were fabulous, my favorite part of the night was getting to actually meet and chat up some new (to me) desginers at Tari, which is an absolutely charming vintage couture consignment boutique. My favorites were Emily of D'Milikah (amazing giveaway coming up), Jenny of KOLTON.J, and Angela of Gigee Marie. Go check out their stuff! Such sweet people with amazing talents.
September 11, 2012
These are some snaps from last Thursday's Fashion Night Out in Georgetown. We ate FREE Georgetown Cupcakes (red velvet and coconut - amazing), and were able to chat with some great up and coming designers (which I will share with you tomorrow) at the local boutiques. I also just had to share with you guys the fab outfits these beauties that are my friends were rocking. Look how amazing they look especially for coming right from work! There is a quote out there that says "you become the company you keep" and if that's true, I am keeping my fingers crossed because these ladies are the best.
Also don't forget to enter the DaisyGem giveaway here!
September 10, 2012
The deets: J.Crew top; GAP boyfriend jeans; GiGi New York monogrammed clutch c/o Bedazzles After Dark; Fornash earrings; Lancome "Midnight Rose" lipstick; Boutique 9 heels; Michael Kors watch.
This is the outfit I wore to my friend, Meaghan's birthday a few weeks ago. I wanted to get one more wear out of these strappy shoes before Summer comes to a chilly close. The only problemo is that these shoes and dancing don't mix, which was a bummer. I ended up surrendering to the pain and taking them off by the end of the night to dance around on the dirty bar floor barefoot (oh the crazy things girls do for shoe-love). Side note: I'm really digging matching my lipstick to my clutch.
Don't forget to enter the DaisyGem giveaway here!
Don't forget to enter the DaisyGem giveaway here!
September 7, 2012
The deets: J.Crew button-down, shorts, and rainboots; Nordstrom fedora; Revlon "Orange Flip" lipstick.
It's hard to look cute when it's that spotty-rainy-then-sunny weather. My hair becomes the before picture in an anti-frizz shampoo commercial and my makeup runs off my face like it's pants are on fire. Thank heavens for cute hats and red rain boots. Happy Friday! Don't forget to enter my giveaway going on here.