June 29, 2015
Take me back to paradise! I just spent five days in gorgeous Puerto Rico. We stayed at La Concha per a friends suggestion and it did NOT disappoint. It was only a short cab ride to Old San Juan, it had a casino inside and pretty good restaurants in walking distance. It also had a private beach, which as you can see here, totally awful. Just kidding! It was FABULOUS. I have post vacation depression right now but here are some pictures of my first beach day outfit.
June 26, 2015
We all know the basic rules of office foot attire. No strappy sandals or platforms and you should probably steer clear of rhinestones too but that doesn't mean you can't bring a little fun into the mix. These floral and striped heels/pumps are definitely cute and entirely office acceptable options. You could also go bright blue, yellow, glam, or animal printed!
June 24, 2015
Each year before I hightail it to somewhere warm and beachy, I share my essentials for the trip (last year, year before). Here are the ones I have brought with me to Puerto Rico this week.
1. This cover up is so cute and soooo affordable. I don't really understand people that buy these glamorous pricey ones when they just get wet and sandy. No.
2. I searched high and low for the perfect beach bag, this one was just the right amount of colorful, tasseled, and roomy to make the cut (here are other Star Mela options).
3. I definitely wanted leather flip flops in a neutral tone. Rubber/plastic ones are great but tend to break on me in the sand. I wanted something a little tougher and chicer (aka not rainbows) and ended up on these.
5. A straw hat that goes with most things for extra sun protection.
7. Not really a beach necessity but I don't go anywhere tropical without this scent. It's just glorious and makes me instantly feel like I'm on vacation because it floods my mind with warm memories, even at home!
June 23, 2015
June 22, 2015
Sometimes I feel the need to switch up my look from the regular day to day. This day I tried out a braided handband (just braided two peices near my neck, crossed them, and bobbi pined them down), and a more form fitting dress. I normally stick to fit and flare shapes because they are the most flattering (and I am pretty self-conscious of my curvy shape) but once and a while you just need to step out of your comfort zone. Although I wouldn't say it was the most flattering outfit on me, it was definitely super breathable and comfortable.
June 18, 2015
These are some shots from my 29th birthday brunch, hosted by my very talented friend. The settings were so gorgeous I felt like I had to capture everything! I felt like I was in some kind of Alice in Wonderland botanical birthday land. It was amazing. While I don't have any relatives in the area, I consider myself so lucky to have many close friends in my network that I consider family. I know it's so cliche but I really am #blessed in that way.
Check out the amazing floral arrangements, delicious home cooked food, the awesome make your own bloody/mimosa bar-cart, and my favorite touch, the custom cake topper! The butterfly bags are something I put together separately as small thank-you's for spending a sunny Saturday in June on me. They have cheap mirrored aviators, custom hair ties, and lip scrub inside.
June 17, 2015
1. A dear friend wrapped my birthday present in this adorable wrapping paper and it really made my day! I'm such a cat lady and proud of it at this point. They know they way to my heart.
2. I have been AGONIZING over finding the perfect pair of tortoise sunnies and am not sure if I have found them (send help) but ended up ordering these because they seemed like a cute enough option for me until I can make an investment in a nicer pair.
3. I really related to this article. I also have not owned a full length mirror (or had one in my apt) for two years now.
4. This video of baby goats frolicking about in their little jammies is just EVERYTHING! I will watch it a million times. It fills me with joy and all the feels. #dead.
Labels: Four Favorites
June 16, 2015
What a difference one year makes in hair, huh? I mean, as someone who NEVER died their hair at all until June 14th of last year (I was so nervous and it was the day before my birthday so I remember it well), 365 days in your hair life is more like a dog-year, or light-year. So much can change! Here is to thinking about what I will have going on another year from now.
June 15, 2015
The deets: Anthropologie dress; Zero UV sunnies (if you're into the real deal - Karen Walker); Steve Madden bag; Chinese Laundry shoes; Knox Thomas Designs custom bracelet.
The thing about fancy white party dresses is...I can't ever wear them. Usually in a scenario where it's appropriate to dress up there is a bridal situation happening in which white is clearly off limits. The one day it's totally cool to rock a pretty white dress with no worries? Your damn birthday. Here is to being 29, fabulous white dresses, chocolate cake, and my amazing friends who threw/attended my fancy birthday brunch which I will be sharing in a later post. Happy birthday to me!
June 12, 2015
When it comes to summer weddings, there are lots of reasons to wear wedges, whether it's beach sand or barn grass, you may want to opt to wear a pair of wedding shoe wedges (like these options by Kate Spade and Badgley Mishka) over pumps or sandals that will just sink into the earth and maybe even ruin your heels. Here are a handful of ones I think are super cute for such an occasion (Vince Camuto, Not Rated, Jimmy Choo, Delman).
June 10, 2015
The deets: Old Navy dress; J.Crew jacket (similar), earrings, and necklace; 3.1 Philip Lim bag; Sam Edelman heels (exact) .
I love this dress because it was SO inexpensive (Old Navy has really been stepping up their game lately), it fits like a glove, and is so very versatile. It's basically a once a week staple for me at work but I can still get away with losing the jacket and wearing it out after hours. I actually wore it to a friends rehearsal dinner last month. Winner!