Let's be real. It can be SO easy to fall into the trap of buying a cute beauty product because the industry makes it SO damn easy. The problem for me is that I believe the real point of gifting anyone a beauty product should be because 1. you love the product, know it's wonderful and want to share your find with your loved one or 2. you already know they love a certain product and you want to gift them something they are comfortable/familiar with but can possibly play around and explore a little variety within it. I HATE when people just gift random sets of crap product because it came in a cute package or give someone a bold lipstick set when that person never wears lipstick. It's a little unintentionally thoughtless and ends up being wasteful so I rounded up some things I would love to receive and would be more than comfortable giving because I have experience with them.
1. MAC pallet. This set is an awesome value, the colors are gorgeous and give room to go neutral or dramatic. There are just no better shadows in my opinion than MAC. The Urban Decay is a nice one too but there is just so much fall out with those shadows that I would 100% recommend this one over it. It's a little pricier but you get more product and it's higher quality.
2. Laura Mercier lip trio. This little trio is perfect for someone who is intrigued by the whole Kylie Jenner lip phenomenon but isn't sure how to execute. You have a nice nude liner, lipstick, & gloss to complete the look. Super fun!
3. Real Techniques brushes. These brushes are WONDERFUL for how inexpensive they are! Please do not get tricked by the lure of cheap Sephora brand brushes. Real Techniques ones are even less expensive and MUCH better. I use the travel basics ones on an every single day basis.
4. They're Real mascara kit. Great mascara, awesome way to turn someone on to it.
5. Diptyque mini candle set. These are the most luxurious scented candles on the market. While they are pretty pricey, I love the idea of this little mini set to explore which full size ones you might want to invest in later.
6. Deborah Lippmann "Shades of Nude" set. While it's nice to get one of those jumbo sets that has a ton of different shades, usually half of the colors don't ever get opened. With this set you can be sure it will get tons of use.
7. Smashbox lip glosses. I love the range of bold to demure colors in here, you really have a nice range of "fun but not totally out there" options.
8. Philosophy "Cleanse, Refine, Renew" gift set. I love the Purity cleanser so I would love getting this kit as a gift to try out the other products to see if they are just as great without having to full on commit to purchasing the full size.
9. Drybar "Mai Tai" kit. If you have ever traveled with me you know I always bring my mini Drybar shampoo and conditioner. I don't have any reason other than it's great product and I usually want my hair to look extra great on trips so I spring for nice travel size things. Who wants drugstore shampoo when you are doing something out of the ordinary, I say. ANYTHING from Drybar would make a great gift so I love this little DIY kit they have out right now.
10. Bumble & Bumble "Full of Cheer." I usually have this thickening shampoo in my "luxe" product rotation (I always keep an inexpensive, medium price, and luxury shampoo & conditioner in the shower to keep things fresh). I'd be curious to try the hairspray as a bonus in this cute set.