2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 chopped onion
2 tablespoons flour
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup milk
2 cups chicken stock
3/4 lb fresh broccoli, chopped
1 cup carrot, shredded and chopped
1/4 tsp nutmeg
8 ounces grated cheddar cheese (doesn’t matter what kind)
8 ounces grated colby jack cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Baguette (for dipping!) - Optional
1. Sautee onion and garlic in butter for a few minutes then whisk in flour.
2. Whisk in milk, half & half, chicken stock until it starts to simmer.
3. Add in the broccoli and carrots to the simmering liquid for about 15-20 minutes (until they are nice and tender).
4. Season up your soup with salt, pepper, and a little nutmeg.
5. Add in your cheeses and stir until they are melted into the soup and let it simmer (another 10 minutes or so) and your soup is ready to serve. I guess I should note that you don't have to add all the cheese, you can play with the amounts to suit your tastes, I say the cheesier the better!