Recently I have been getting some questions and compliments on my tan and or that mysterious "glow" I have about me in recent weeks. Well folks, I am here to tell you that it's all big sham. I totally have been faking it since Memorial Day weekend and I am not ashamed of it. This chick has been scared straight out of the tanning bed. I know some of you laugh in the face of cancer and tan on, but not I. The statistics out there about tanning beds and skin melanomas are no joke and I admittedly am even MORE terrified of wrinkles - no one wants crows feet before their time.
The problem is that being tan is like being kissed by a magical sun unicorn that makes you a whole new person. You are sexier, more confident, somehow even look thinner! So I was determined to have the best of both worlds. I have finally found a routine (I kid you not I do this three times a week at least) that really looks natural (no weird splotches or uneven fading) and is really inexpensive (both products can be found for under $10) to keep up with because I know I am sure as hell not paying for a professional spray tan once a week. I thought I'd share my secret with you because we could all use a little extra glow and a little less harmful UV rays right? And by the way, this is in no way a sponsored post. It's just my personal regimen.
1. Three times a week at night before bed I scrub my face (I use a Clarisonic but any old washcloth will do) to clear all the dead skin cells, and pat it down with a towel
2. I dry my face off and use the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Spray very liberally all over my face and neck. It is actually for your whole body but I didn't like the way it looked anywhere else so I use strictly for my face area.
3. I blow-dry (yes blow-dry) my face and neck area until there is no moisture left on me and go straight to bed. I wake up with an airbrushed tan!
4. After my morning shower in which I have scrubbed and shaved my legs I apply the Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Moisturizer to my arms, shoulders, and legs. If you make sure you wash your hands after, it works like a CHARM.
5. I know it sounds silly, but using an extremely whitening toothpaste helps make you look tanner. Your bright smile is a nice contrast to your new shade.
6. I always use a little bronzer (NARS is my fav) before leaving the house because it really makes the whole look come together. And there you have it!