As I mentioned in my previous post I threw two themed parties last summer. The first one was the “Favorite Things” and the second one was a Surprise birthday party for my friend, Lauren which was a Hollywood style “Red Carpet Event.” I seriously suggest throwing one of these if you haven’t because it was just as much fun planning as actually attending.
1. I asked everyone to wear their most Victoria Beckham/Kim Kardashian outfit, and to be paparazzi ready. Great company along with the following steps made for a very successful night! And I must give credit where credit is due. Her now fiancé Anthony provided tons of help with the party and also with some of the following projects.
2. We created a faux “Step and Repeat” in one corner of the house where guests could take pictures as if they were walking the red carpet! We got the red carpet from Oriental Trading, printed (thanks Anthony!) out her favorite beer logo, team logo, and a “Happy Birthday” message which we then taped to white poster board. Voila! Everyone had a ton of fun with this and it made for some really awesome Facebook defaults.
3. Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and chocolate “L’s” “24’s” and stars as toppers.
4. A “Walk of Fame” and “HOLLYWOOD” sign, of course.
5. Now for my most favorite part of the night and mostly what I mean when I say it was so fun to plan. I had recently discovered face-in-hole.com and went wild with funny pictures for a little “Award Show” we put on. I made a photo for each guest and gave out little tiny academy awards. I put them on a DVD and assigned a song to each picture for the whole effect.