This weekend is my friend Brittany’s bachelorette trip. She’s a completely lovely girl who’s also elegant, smart, pretty, and structured (those accountants’ right?). We are venturing off to a little place called Ocean City, MD to be all things the exact opposite of Brittany. Bring on the ugly, the inappropriate, the wild, and extra helpings of bad decision making, please. This will mark my first experience in Ocean City but I hear it has lots of monkey business to offer- which is just what the doctor ordered. Below is a list of the things I consider essential for a bachelorette weekend at the beach.
1. Lots and lots of Sunglasses. Your shade selection sets the mood for your state of mind (they are also a quick fix for the “day-after-bachelorette-shenanigans” hangover face). See my choices below.
1. Party Time! (Seriously how can you not be in a fun mood while wearing those?)
2. Practical (Prescription lenses)
4. Sassy & Classy
4. Sassy & Classy
2. Fedora. I recently took a little trip to Dewey Beach, DE with one of my best friend’s group of best friends. It was so fun I need to come up with a new word for fun (I haven’t yet but I will get back to you on that). One of the girls, her name is Emily, brought her fedora and wore it so well it gave me hat-envy all weekend and has now made it to my #2 spot on the list of necessary beach items (yes.. above sun bock). I had to get one, so I purchased this last weekend at Nordstrom for only $18. STEAL.
7. Beach Playlist. You might wonder how someone can sit in a car for hours anxiously awaiting their arrival to the seaside and keep their mood uplifted? I have the antidote to this problem and it is called: “Sexual Healing Remix - Marvin Gaye ft Shaggy.” You’re welcome.