Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you need to get pretty in a hurry? Well this happened to me today when my boyfriend told me his parents were coming shortly to take us to lunch and I was sans shower or make-up. I thought others might be able to relate to this so I have detailed the steps to my quick and dirty five minute make-up application that hits all the essentials.
Below are what you will need:
- Concealer & face sponge
- Bronzer or blush & brush
- Brow shadow & brow brush
- Highlighting shadow (that matches your skin tones) and applicator
- Sheer lip balm
Before & After
- Apply concealer to dark areas by blotting it on with your ring finger (if you don’t have a concealer brush) then blot it with a face sponge to blend (I am way under slept these days so my trouble is under my eyes).
- Accentuate your brow line with a shadow that matches your natural brow hair to instantly frame your face and look sharp! You don’t have to buy some specialty brow kit although it can be helpful if you are new to this. All you really need is the right shadow and brush. I use Lancome’s “Mochaccino.”
- Use a shadow a few shades lighter than your skin tone on your brow bone for highlighting purposes. When you look in a mirror, try to sweep the color along the same path where the natural light hits. I am using ULTA’s “Naked” here.
- Brush the apples of your cheeks with non shimmery bronzer or blush (Bobbi Brown’s Sandstone blush seen here). I like the matte color and lightness of the blush instead of a bronzer for the everyday.
- Coat lashes with your favorite mascara. I recently found Maybelline’s Define-A-Lash and I really like it for every day application (I use the fiber/mascara combo's like L’Oreal’s Double Extend for the special nights).
- Swipe on some lip balm and you are good to go!