Cake balls are little bits of deliciousness that don't require any skill. They are all the rage right now, even Starbucks sells a variety of cake-pops (which are the same thing - just add a stick). You can make them from any boxed cake & icing flavor combination. I chose Funfetti and cream cheese icing for the recipe below with both white and milk chocolate. They are super easy and always a hit because who wouldn't like condensed cupcakes dipped in chocolate?
1. Bake cake as per the directions on the box.
2. Take the cake and move it to a mixing bowl, breaking it up.
3. Add 1 can icing to the cake and mix until it its a thick cookie-batter consistency.
4. Scoop the mixture into balls (I used a tablespoon to make them even) and pop in the freezer for an hour.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave (on defrost setting) in 45 second intervals.
6. Dip cake balls into melted chocolate and let them harden on wax paper. You can add sprinkles to make them pretty :)