The last couple of weeks have been a bit challenging for me to say the least. There are things happening on all fronts on my life that are stressful and mostly out of my control, which I admit is hard for me to deal with as I very much like to be in control. To make this week extra crappy my car was towed and ticketed for some sticker I needed to update which set me back roughly 800 bucks (which totally bums be out right before Christmas shopping), and I forgot my metro card this morning so I had to go put money in the machine and was late to work because I missed the train I was trying to catch. Grr. Grr. Grr. Oh and GRRR!
Since this funk that I have been in is making me withdrawn and grumpy which is not very characteristic of me I decided I should make a list of things that make me happy/I am thankful for. I know I'm late on this since everyone else did this at Thanksgiving but hey, better late than never, right? I also made an AWESOME Christmas season bucket list that will come at a later date (instant mood booster).
- Family (especially siblings). Although you are far away (and sometimes drive me crazy) I love you.
- My health (although I really need to take this more seriously starting after the holidays and get my butt to the gym).
- My DC family, aka having so many truly wonderful lifelong friends, a blessing which I have recently realized not everyone has.
- Mike, who loves me.
- My little (or not so little) kitty cat, Ella, who makes me smile every day.
- Alba for making Mike smile every day.
- Having a job, this I feel thankful for more and more each week.
- My little blog for being my outlet for creativity that keeps me sane and balanced.
- Chocolate, cheese, & avocados.
- Hair straighteners (Amen).