The deets: ASOS dress; Zara heels (sold out, super fancy alternate); J.Crew coat & earrings; GAP beanie. On him: Suit Supply jacket (similar); Banana Republic trousers: Charles Tyrwhitt button down (similar); Brooks Brothers tie; J. Press tie bar; John W. Nordstrom shoes (similar).
It's too snowy outside to take any blog pics (or I'm just too lazy) so I'm sharing some of my favorite engagement photos from our session in Red Bank, NJ (my hometown) back in December. It was literally THE coldest day of the month. We had a December that was oddly filled with 60-70 degree sunny days and then woke up on the 19th to temps in the 40s with a crazy wind chill coming off the Navesink River. I literally was tearing up not because I was filled with emotion but because I was being pummeled by the wind. Somehow our photographer + editor made it work! We booked Pat Furey Photography for our wedding (photos are being taken by Alexander and edited by Pat) and picked a package that included the shoot. I would definitely recommend doing one for those of you who are debating. I know most engagement shoots I see (whilst perusing facebook friends I really have no real connection to anymore) have a little bit of a cringe in embarrassment factor but it was such a helpful exercise for a variety of reasons and as long as you pick a photographer that you vibe with and trust their style it will be great. Here are my top reasons for going for it!
1. It's amazing practice for your wedding. I know this sounds crazy but it was nice to get Mike more comfortable in front of the camera since he's not used to it (and basically detests the idea).
2. You get comfortable working with your photographer, build a rapport, and get to know each-others needs to make some pretty stuff (each photographer has their own little tricks).
3. You learn how you look from all angles (which was slightly scary for me but a good kick to get back to the gym..haha).
4. Hopefully you get a couple great shots to keep forever. I was happy to get some shots with Mike where we aren't in wedding attire (you know those people who TBT wedding photos at every chance? Probably didn't have an engagement shoot). They also make great/easy save the dates!
5. There isn't really another time in your life where you can get away with a vanity photography session like this, so dress up, glam up, and do it!