So it's been about a year and a half since I last posted about my beauty favorites (last round up here) and I actually switch up my routine regularly, so I figured I would do an update on my most adored products of the moment. While I still totally love all of the items listed in the last round up, as I get
older wiser, I really reach for more practical items and not necessarily the ones that have the most glam impact. These are the power players I keep tapping for help in my day to day routine.
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - I have reviewed this foundation before here, and I still love it! It finishes matte but not dry. I actually did two bridesmaids makeup for a wedding last weekend and used this on them both (and myself)!
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer - This stuff is basically my dark eye eraser. It is a bit drying and flashes back on some skin tones (who's taking flash photography photos on the daily?) but you can't beat the coverage. Just the best!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion - This guy was on the last round up and probably will be forever. I can (and embarrassingly enough have after a late night wedding or two) literally sleep in my make up and wake up with a perfectly blended smokey eye. For REAL.
- MAC Shadow in "Embark" - My go to eyebrow filler for my fair skin and dark hair tone.
- Urban Decay "Naked2" - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pallet for weddings (last seen on one of my brides here).
- Clinique Eye Defining Liquid Liner - This might be getting discontinued which makes me so sad, I love this liquid liner. It's a thicker applicator so you really don't need to go over a few hundred times like with other thinner options (you lose a little precision but it's much faster for an experienced hand).
- Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara - No smearing or flaking. Great layering. A go to for years, last seen here AND here.
- Mally Beauty High Shine Liquid Lipstick - I got this lip product as a gift and have been reaching for it again and again. Pretty lipstick coverage with a little more shine in a nice brush on applicator.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit - There is a reason this is a best seller. Contouring made simple. There's a little bronzer, powder, & highlighter all in one. It's not the extreme Kardashian contour if that is what you are looking for (you need to mix cream or liquid based foundations for that), it's a bit more refined which is more wearable day to day.